Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Past Few Weeks

My apologies on the lack of updates lately.  The warm weather gets here, the riding intensity increases, the legs get more tired, the energy is lower, blah, blah and blah.  I'll attempt to get back on a regular schedule.  In the meantime here are some shots of some of the riding I have been doing.




The past 2 shots are of the new bridge, on the rail trail, that goes over telegraph.  It is just north of Orchard Lake Road.  A client and I rode over to it last week to check it out.

This dude was hanging out on the rail trail on our way back from the bridge.

This is a view of the bridge from later in the day.

I went north this weekend to see my friend Paul.  All the way up past Traverse City.  That is the Dune Climb behind us.  You'll find it at the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lake Shore.

That is a luggage tag hanging from his bike.  It is a primitive form of a Road ID.

This is what riding in the Leelanau Peninsula looks like.  Miles and miles of rolling hills, vineyards, orchards, great roads and zero traffic.

I am an admitted non-climber.  That being said, this is my favorite climb.  It's about .75 miles long, winding, 4-8% grade and smooth roads.

A view of riding the climb.

A view of the plateau at the top.  Notice the cherry trees, and Paul waving and urging me forward.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jason,
    Welcome back. It looks like a beautiful ride and something I might like...at least not the climbing part. We had no subs today at my game but my quad feels good despite running 4.5 miles in the second half. I wore a pedometer the second half, not sure it is very accurate but that is what it said. Thank you for the post...smp

    ReplyDelete
  2. SMP- thanks for always reading and posting. I think you wouldn't mind most of the climbs up there, but some you would hate. They are longer and that allows you to get in a nice rhythm, and that seems to make them pass by. 4.5 miles is a ton of running on a dinger up quad.

    ReplyDelete